Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Bolter=Boring

While I think Bolter has many pertinent points to make concerning media and print, it is difficult to push through the language. I noticed while reading the first 5 chapters that there was a great deal of repetition. My mind decided to step out and visit Bethland many times. However, I appreciate the different perspective on writing space which reminds me of the scene in Dead Poet's Society where Professor Keating, played by Robin Williams, makes all of his students take turns standing on his desk to gain a different perspective on the classroom and students. Obviously, the point was to encourage them to view everything, especially their writing, from a different perspective.

I hope the next few chapters are significantly more interesting or at least informative. I find it ironic that we are reading a print text to better understand hypermedia and multimedia. Perhaps Bolter should seek a new "writing space" in the form of a youtube video to inform and entertain us.

No comments:

Post a Comment